Sea Mar is committed to providing students and visiting residents outstanding learning experiences at our 35 medical clinics throughout Western Washington. Sea Mar's Department of Medical Education offers clinical education opportunities in the form of rotations and observerships to medical, nurse practitioner, and physician assistant students as well as medical residents.
The Department of Medical Education has a centralized process of approval and placement for all students (MD, DO, NP, PA) and visiting residents. This process is only for rotations with independent medical providers.
Sea Mar's clinical rotation application will be opened for a duration of one month on a quarterly basis: April 1st, July 1st, October 1st, and December 1st of each calendar year. Our visiting resident and shadowing applications will remain open on a rolling basis. Placement with Sea Mar Community Health Centers is subject to staff availability and timely completion of the requirements listed below. We also offer Sub-Internship (Sub-I) opportunities for qualified medical students and our ACGME accredited residency programs.
Aside from evaluations required by their programs, students and visiting residents will be asked to complete a short evaluation of their experience at Sea Mar at the end of their rotation. Placement with Sea Mar Community Health Centers is subject to staff availability and timely completion of the requirements listed below.
- Sea Mar's Department of Medical Education offers clinical rotations to medical, nurse practitioner, and physician assistant students. If you are pursuing a dental, nursing or a non-clinical internship please contact Sea Mar's volunteer department.
- An affiliation agreement must be in place between Sea Mar and your school/institution. If you are unsure of this or if you are a representative of a school seeking an Affiliation Agreement with Sea Mar please contact Claudia Marchen at: SeattleMedEd@seamarchc.org
- Rotations are not guaranteed and will not be formally approved until all required documents have been submitted and the process has been completed. All placements are subject to provider availability at your chosen site.
- Complete the application below. This application will go to the Office of Medical Education for initial approval. Once approved, the student will receive a credentialing packet (see below for requested documents) and a deadline.
Sea Mar welcomes visiting residents to our clinics for electives, rural/underserved rotations, and other experiences.
If you are a resident who has already rotated at Sea Mar and would like to do another rotation with us- you don't need to submit another application, please contact Claudia Marchen at: SeattleMedEd@seamarchc.org.
At this time, we are not accepting applications.
Sea Mar hosts a four-week hospital sub-Internship, affiliated with our Marysville Family Medicine Residency program. Sea Mar’s sub-I application is available April 1-30 of each year. If you are interested in completing a Sub-I at one of our approved programs, please contact Jennifer Marroquin, Recruiter at JenniferMarroquin@seamarchc.org.
Students from high school through graduate school are welcome to come to Sea Mar to shadow a medical provider. Sea Mar Community HealthCorps members are required to follow the same shadowing approval process as students from outside the organization
After you complete the application, the Medical Department Residency Coordinator will reach out to you requesting the following required documents;
- Resume/CV (submitted with the online application)
- Statement of interest in a learning opportunity at Sea Mar (submitted with the online application)
- Proof of current Tuberculosis Test or other acceptable documentation of TB status
- Vaccination records showing proof of current MMR, HEP B, Tdap, and seasonal Influenza vaccinations
- Signed criminal background check form
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- For laptop and EHR privileges: signed laptop and security agreements
- Proof of HIPAA certification (for clinical rotations and visiting residents)
- Certificate of Professional Liability Insurance (for visiting residents)
- Appropriate state licensing (for visiting residents and nurse practitioner students)